Permission to Reproduce Material
We often receive requests to reproduce material from our publications. If you’d like to do that, please complete the Application for Permission to Reproduce and forward it to our Legal & Rights Office at the address below:
Legal & Rights Office
Thomson Reuters - Law, Tax and Accounting
P O Box 3502
Rozelle NSW 2039
For reference, our Permissions Policy is set out below.
Permissions Policy for Thomson Reuters Copyright Material
- All Permissions must be sought in writing.
- All grants of permission will be provided in writing.
- A copyright fee (GST inclusive) is charged and payable prior to grant of permission.
- Reproduction in print format for distribution in Australia and New Zealand only: Copyright fee is charged per page or a part thereof of a page of the original publication of texts or judgments for distribution throughout Australia and New Zealand only.
- Reproduction in print format for global distribution: Permission for global distribution is charged per page or a part thereof of a page of the original publication of texts or judgments.
- Photocopying materials: Permission to photocopy only (for training, research, educational or personal purposes) is charged per page.
- Reproduction in electronic format only: Permission to reproduce the material in electronic format for distribution in Australia and New Zealand or global is charged per page or a part thereof of the original publication of texts or judgments.
Note that online placement has a period limit, and must incorporate copyright information to prevent unauthorised use.
For reproduction in print and electronic formats, direct rate inquiries to the Legal & Rights Office.
- Single use: Permission for use of the material is for one use and for one purpose only, ie either print or electronic format, photocopy foreign language translation and/or other kind of reproduction or photocopy.
- Permission must be requested again for any other purposes or future editions/revisions.
- A separate permission for each format, ie print, electronic, foreign language translation or photocopy, is required unless specified by requestor, in which an appropriate fee applies.
- Permission does not include the right for requestor to grant others permission to reproduce or photocopy, copy or download or to scan, store and electronically distribute the contents of any Thomson Reuters publications.
- Permission does not cover any extraneous copyright material or extracts, which may be incorporated in the extracts. In this case permission must be sought for such material/extract from its own copyright holder.
- University use: Permission fee for university use for teaching purposes is offered at reduced rate for the whole material (not by page) ie if the article/material is for reproduction on university website for students' and staff's use only, or for reproduction in subject outlines or lecturer manuals for training or teaching purposes only (and/or as part of Distance Education).
Please direct rate inquiries to the Legal & Rights Office.
- The publication in which the Thomson Reuters material is used should contain the following information:
- correct citation, ie author, article, source, edition, volume, date of publication, page number and publication; and/or case name, source, volume, date of publication and publication
- it should also state that the material has been reproduced with the expressed permission of Thomson Reuters
- states that any inquiries can be made to Thomson Reuters (Professional ) Australia Limited ABN 64 058 914 668 legal.thomsonreuters.com.au
- Advise requestor to seek additional permission from the author of the material.
- A complimentary copy of the requestor's work to be provided, for Thomson Reuters's library file.
- Overseas rate is charged in USD or GBP. Please direct rate inquiries to the Legal & Rights Office.
Thomson Reuters disclaims all liability in connection with the use of such material without proper consent.
Please note that acknowledgment and conditions of use will be advised upon consideration of your request for permission. Please see the Permissions Policy above.