|Book||Fox and Freiberg's Sentencing: State and Federal Law in Victoria 3rd Edition||29/04/2014||9780455233390||$291.01||Add to cart|
|Book+eBook||Fox and Freiberg's Sentencing State and Federal Law in Victoria 3rd Edition||29/04/2014||41593252||$376.00||Add to cart|
|eBook - ProView||Fox and Freiberg's Sentencing State and Federal Law in Victoria 3rd Edition||03/04/2014||9780455233468||$291.01||Add to cart|
Fox and Freiberg’s Sentencing: State and Federal Law in Victoria Third Edition marks the long-awaited return of this frequently-cited title by leading expert on sentencing law and theory, Arie Freiberg AM.
Experienced practitioners and judges will welcome the return of this authoritative work, while new solicitors and barristers will find guidance on the many complex and varied considerations which apply to sentencing matters.
Arie Freiberg focuses on Victorian and federal sentencing law with extensive coverage of appellate decisions in every Australian jurisdiction, particularly in relation to matters of general principle.
The Third Edition explains the distribution of sentencing authority between the branches of government and the constitutional dimension, the local and international sources of sentencing law, procedure, and procedural justice. Also considered are the roles of the prosecution, the defence and victims.
Particular attention is given to the purposes of sentencing, as well as general principles, methodology, the issues of harm and culpability, and the ongoing challenge of balancing consistency against individualisation in sentencing.
Other matters considered include:
- All custodial and non-custodial sanctions;
- New post-conviction orders relating to sex and violent offenders;
- Ancillary sanctions such as confiscation orders, disqualification, sex offender registration and working-with-children laws;
- Increasing reliance on civil sanctions; and
- Forms of appeal against sentence.
Fox and Freiberg’s Sentencing: State and Federal Law in Victoria Third Edition has been extensively cited in Victoria, interstate, and internationally. For practitioners, judges, academics and all those with an interest in sentencing matters, this is an essential resource without peer.
You Might Also Like
Criminal Procedure NSW eSubscription
eSub - ProView
Queensland Sentencing Manual eSubscription
eSub - ProView
Federal Offences eSubscription
eSub - ProView
Queensland Sentencing Manual
Federal Offences Volumes 1 - 4
Criminal Procedure NSW
Queensland Sentencing Manual Online
Criminal Procedure NSW Online
Federal Offences Online
Table of Contents
- General Sentencing Principles: Overview
- General Sentencing Principles: Nature of the Crime
- General Sentencing Principles: Nature of the Offender
- General Sentencing Principles: Response to the Charges
- Restitution, Compensation and Costs
- Forfeiture, Confiscation and Disqualification
- Unsupervised Release
- Supervised Release
- Sentences: Overview
- Sentences: Procedural Issues
- Sentences: Detention Orders and Release
- Other Sanctions and Orders
- Children and Young Offenders
- Fox and Freiberg - Chapter 1 [PDF 1289287]